Safety Consulting Engineers, Inc. offers research and testing support services to wide range of industries and governments interested in developing new products, or modifying their existing products in order to satisfy flammability, fire resistance, or other fire safety related requirements.
SCE has extensive laboratory facilities and substantial expertise in assisting our clients in developing customized fire safety testing of materials and articles. Our large scale fire testing services are sited about 90 miles from Chicago, Illinois. Our test site is 100 plus acres in size, and is staffed by personnel with extensive experience in designing and conducting large-scale materials and systems fire and safety testing and analysis.
Several buildings onsite house a variety of processing equipment for formulating, mixing, screening, pressing, and remote control operations of materials testing. Our facility also has a number of testing areas that are used for safety evaluation of material and processes, and specialized equipment. Our fire testing services are described briefly, but not limited to the following areas:
- Research and Development of new material compositions with optimal flammability properties
- Regulatory fire rating requirements for existing materials and assemblies
- Testing for effective fire suppression systems and sprinkler systems
- Fire protection engineering, testing and Consulting
- Fire litigation support Testing and consulting,
- Fire simulation testing, and internationally known fire research studies
- Fire and flame spared simulation study in buildings and vehicles
- Energetic materials fire and thermal testing
- Thermal stability, Runaways and Autoignition temperatures
- Self-Accelerating Decomposition Temperature (SADT) testing
- Standard fire testing (ASTM d1929, E659, E681, E918)
- Mil-STD fire testing (Slow Cook-off, Fast Cook-off, External (bonfire) fire)
- DOT/UN/ GHS materials characterizations
- Open and confined Dust Explosion Hazards Testing,
- Gas , vapor, liquid and solid Flammability Hazards Testing and analysis
- Alternative refrigerant fire testing , classification small and large scale
- Electrostatic hazards (charge generation, charge decay)
Contact Safety Consulting Engineers for any of the above or Customized Fire Testing.